Preston & Howlett Care Recommendations
Preston & Howlett jewellery is hand crafted by artisans around the world making each and every piece unique. Due to the fragile nature of the jewellery the upmost care must be taken.
Dropping causing damage will not be considered a fault and will not result in a refund. Damage from careless wear is not the responsibility of Preston & Howlett.
To care for your jewellery we recommend you follow the instructions below:
- Remove your jewellery when doing manual work, including housework and gardening.
- Put on your jewellery after applying makeup, perfume and hairspray.
- Always remove your jewellery before entering water, including the shower and swimming pools.
- Jewellery should be the last thing you put on for the day and the first thing you take off when you get home.
- Store your jewellery in the suede velvet pouch that you received with your purchase to help avoid scratching by other items of jewellery.
- To clean your jewellery it is always best to leave to professionals. Contact your local jewellery store and ask if they could clean it in their ultrasonic cleaner. Alternatively if tarnishing occurs, you can clean your jewellery using jewellery cleaner or by soaking it with soap and warm water. Afterwards it can be cleaned safely with lint-free cloths.